Responsible Converter Sourcing
Committed to Ethical Sourcing, Committed to Your Success
Operating in an industry subject to strict government regulation, PMR knows the importance of maintaining ethical business practices. Responsibly sourcing catalytic converters means ensuring that the highest social, legal, and sustainability standards are met at every stage of the process. PMR’s dedication to responsible converter sourcing means that we do everything necessary to create safe, secure, and accountable processing solutions for all our suppliers.
HOW PMR IS LEADING THE WAY
- Cash-only transactions have been refused for over a decade
- Proof of legal business registration and/or date of incorporation, along with photo ID, is required, where applicable
- Suppliers must provide all relevant state and local recycling licenses and permits required by law
Here’s what you can do:
- Make sure your sellers provide photo ID and vehicle identification numbers (VINs) before accepting converter shipments
- Do your due diligence on your sellers and verify that their businesses are registered
- Require proof of all recycling licences and permits required by local and state law
Converter Sourcing Red Flags
We understand that recognizing sourcing red flags can be tricky. Here’s what to look out for:
Shiny new converters with no proof of vehicle ownership
Cash-only transactions with no other payment alternatives
Sellers who don’t have dismantling connections and who only own converters
Sellers who accept any offers without hesitation
Why Is Responsible Sourcing Important?
Forge Enduring Partnerships
Having partners you can trust is crucial to making informed, ethical business decisions. Build strong partnerships with businesses who will stand by your side and provide you with the right information for your converter operations.
Avoid Illegal Transactions
Just one stolen converter or one suspicious transaction can threaten your entire business. Take steps to prevent unethical actors from taking advantage of you.
always be on the right side of the law
Even though laws and regulations are always changing, PMR’s commitment to responsible sourcing doesn’t. Recyclers who partner with us can be confident that no matter how the regulatory environment changes, PMR will help them make the right decisions for their business.
Work with a processor who cares about their partners.